Thursday, March 20, 2014

Walmart Madness #126! Manager Convinces Robbed Woman Not To Call Police


"In the latest incident of people being attacked and robbed in and around the Walmart at 4210 E. Highland Ave., a woman says she was assaulted inside the store about 5 p.m. Friday and persuaded not to call police by store managers, saying officers would take hours to arrive.

“As I was walking through the aisles I felt my gold chain become tight around my neck,” San Bernardino resident Linda Andrade said. “Then all of a sudden it was pulled a second time breaking and I saw him.”

That was when she looked her attacker in the eyes and began screaming for help.
“I kept yelling ‘security help, help,’ and nobody showed up,” she said. “All of a sudden a man came to me and said he (the attacker) was gone.”

Andrade, 68, said he claimed to be store security, but according to her, he refused to show credentials that would identify his position.

“I’ve lived here my entire life,” she said. “You’d think inside the store, customers would be safe but apparently not.”

When she asked for someone to call police, store management did everything in their power to convince her not to, Andrade said.

“They kept telling me the police wouldn’t show for hours,” she said. “I didn’t want to wait that long so I went home and called police.”

Once at home, San Bernardino police arrived within 15 minutes of her call."

Read more HERE



No comments: