Thursday, August 30, 2012

Man Wears Cat Guts

<--- Uh.  Photos are worth a thousand words,  lets leave it at that.




An Arizona drifter who skinned a cat and wore its tail and innards around his neck was sentenced to two years in prison on Wednesday.
An Arizona Superior Court judge also sentenced Russell Christopher Hofstad, 25, to four years probation on his release, the Maricopa County Attorney's office said.
Hofstad pleaded no contest last month to a felony animal cruelty charge and guilty to a burglary charge. According to the criminal complaint, police arrested Hofstad in January after he broke into a Phoenix warehouse used as a music venue.
Officers found the skinned and gutted remains of a cat inside, and Hofstad wearing the cat's tail and a piece of its "internals" around his neck on a rope. Some of the cat's other internal organs were kept in a cooler.
Hofstad told police he had recently been released from jail and had nowhere to live. He said he had not eaten in a few days, so he hit the cat with a stick and then stabbed it.
He planned to stuff the animal and save the skeleton "for a decoration for a party."

SOURCE

6 comments:

Kat said...

That's too obvious but....: Nooooooooo poor kitty... ! That sick >\&€?!¥*+}# !!! :-(

David said...

Two years in prison then four years of probation. I'm kinda down with that.

Gabriel Sigma said...

Me too. Couldn't he do a Manson and murder some rich folks? He certainly looks the part.
i'm sort of joking, it's just that the death of poor defenseless beings really gets me.

David said...

Sorry, but sometimes I post stories because I know it gets to people. I must have some journalist blood in me after all.

I really love animals even though I don't have one of my own right now. The neighborhood cats really love me though!! All I have to do is go outside and go "MEOW!" and they come a runnin'! LOL!

Gabriel Sigma said...

No worries. i don't get squeamish; its more like anger. if your blog was all about stuff like this, i'd still read it.
haha!

David said...

I used to do the news on a pretty rough internet forum. You should have seen some of those stories! I quit them about the time I started this blog.