Friday, August 17, 2012

Featured Friend Friday #1!

One Kool Kat


My Blogger friend Kat just got a large article and photo about her in her local newspaper.  I had been mulling around starting a Featured Friend Friday regular post and that decided it right there.  I don't have that many Blogger friends,  true,  but the ones I do have got it going on!  

Kat is a very accomplished Artist,  Tattooist,  and Comic Strip author.  I enjoy her blog and am proud to feature her here. :)  So,  without further ado,  here is the translated article about her:



Kat loves the surprising, the profound. A cat with a stiff collar, a dead mouse in a cocktailglass - everytime she´s painting the world turns into a complex and sometimes frightening entity.
Everything is possible then. 
"I think it´s great when the beholder doesn´t see every detail within one view. There must be always more to discover", says the young artist.
With her paintings, willingly opulent and sometimes overflowing with baroque elements, she expresses her own lifestyle. "Classy and a little off one´s trolley with slight signs of insanity", she says laughing.
[...]
She broke up her studies in Design and Communication because there was too much focus on working with the computer. "I like to work with my hands, having the control over my pen and the material", she explains.
One of her first chances of success has been the exhibition of one of her works for the competition of the "Frankfurter Sparkasse" (a bank in Germany).
[...]
To live just from her art, that´s something she doesn´t dare to believe ( Comment from me: Hummm... I DO dare to believe btw :-D But it´s soooo hard to make it happen!!!). But she has found her way to make money with her talent: "I want to absolve an apprenticeship in tattooing and open a tattoo-shop one day" (Comment from me: I don´t just wanna make money with it - Tattooing is the one thing I most desire to practice in my life. Even more than painting with acrylics ;-) ).


You can visit her here:  http://thisisfreakadelle.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Kat said...

Woooooo David...
Thank you so much! Cool post :-)

David said...

I forgot to leave a link to your blog at the end, I'm fixing that now. :)

Gabriel Sigma said...

Extremely cool initiative, David. Its really a great way to get to know people better.
And who better to start with than the talented Kat. Besides her tattoos, i really like Kat's mangas, creative and hilarious.

Kat said...

Whaaaaa. That's too nice of you.... Especially when you are so creative, too, Gabriel. There are so many artsy people who are so full of themselves that they are not able to say that they like the work of another person. It is nice that there are exceptions like you ( and me, too, because arrogance makes me sick). ;-)

David said...

I just wish that I had more time to spend on at others blog sites, not to mention my own. Work is killing me right now plus I have been in the middle of a move and have no internet. Sucks to be me right now, but hey, at least I have a decent job.

Gabriel Sigma said...

I hate arrogance, as well. Its so weird how true that is. I know my art isn't as cool as some, but it's so rare to get a complement from other illustrators. It's like being nice goes against their artistic nature. Most won't even follow me even if i follow them. I really like your art Kat and I'm not ashamed to say it.

David, you are very lucky for having a decent job. Most people I know, me included, aren't so lucky. I know time is a rare commodity nowadays, but i have enjoyed greatly your every comment. You always bring something interesting to the table. Thanks for that.

David said...

And I'll always be around, I'm addicted to my little weird news blog and I like my friends.

:)

Kat said...

Yeah haha. Both of your blogs are so very interesting that there is always the urge to write a comment. I think I said this before, but I really enjoy the conversations !

David said...

So we are friends until the end then!

This feels nice. :):):):):):)

Friday is tomorrow, and my next featured friend is due. I HAVE FOUR DAYS OFF FROM WORK TOO!! KILLER!!!

Gabriel Sigma said...

Friends until the end! :)

I agree with Kat. these conversations are pretty great. Lets try to keep it up.

good news, David!